12 May 2004 -- Kathy Angerer, Democratic candidate for the 55th District seat in the
Michigan House of Representatives, today announced she has earned the support of six
key labor organizations.
- Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters
- Washtenaw County Skilled Building Trades Council
- Greater Detroit Building and Construction Trades Council
- Construction Laborers’ Local 465
- Millwrights, Conveyor and Machinery Erectors Local 1102, and
- Iron Workers Local 25
Coming from a labor family, Angerer said, "I am proud to have the support of
my hardworking friends in labor. Together we will work to create and protect
good-paying jobs, provide affordable health care, and ensure a quality education
for our children."